Saturday, October 23, 2010

Does anyone else surface embarassed and ashamed after an anxiety attack?

Does anyone else surface embarassed and ashamed after an anxiety attack?
I used to want the floor to open up and swallow me.
Now, they are pretty bloody, and my husband is very apposite at spotting the signs, getting me away, and helping to defuse it.
Sometimes! I think the confusion comes from the out of control mental state...
No its not something to feel ashamed almost
Yes. It's the lack of control that bothers me. I know it's a lawful medical problem, but I get nutty at myself every time I have an anxiety attack. I still estimate I should be able to control them.
I have a very doomed to failure one a month ago - my mom was next to me and she called my full family to come over and give a hand me. I was red and ashamed because I brought the attack on myself - I smoked pot hours after an ECT treatment. I had quit a few weeks prior, but be so tired of feeling so awful after them and I know they weren't working. I was a crying, blithering idiot and feel so stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment